We at The Gym Grill and Bar always try to share with you recipes that are tasty as well as will help to remain fit, unlike many unhealthy recipes that can cause fat buildup in your body.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, quartered, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 pound pasta shapes, such as penne or fusilli
- 2, 6 ounces, jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces cooked broccoli, chopped
- 20 to 25 salt-cured black olives, stoned and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
How to make artichoke pasta salad
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the red pepper and onion and cook over a low heat until just soft, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, for a further 30 seconds, then set aside.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet until al dente.
- Drain, rinse with hot water, then drain again.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and toss well to coat thoroughly.
- Add the artichokes, broccoli, olives, parsley, onion mixture and remaining oil to the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir to blend.
- Leave to stand for at least 1 hour before serving or chill overnight.
- Serve the salad at room temperature.